- 1 ¼ cups Sugar
- 2 tablespoons Corn Starch
- 1 ¼ cups Water
- 2 tablespoons Lemon Juice (fresh)
- 1 package Strawberry Gelatin powder (3 oz. pkg)
- 1 quart Strawberries (hulled, cleaned and sliced)
- 1 pie shell prebaked (8-inch deep dish, or 9-inch regular) cooled
- Add Whipped cream for serving
- In a medium saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Add water and lemon juice.
- Over high heat, bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, cook and stir until slightly thicken and clear, 4-5 minutes.
- Add gelatin powder and stir until dissolved.
- Cool to room temperature.
- Stir strawberries into gelatin mixture. Pour into prebaked and cooled pie shell.
- Chill 4-6 hours or until set.
- Serve topped with whipped cream, if desired.
Author, Pula Disbrowe and printed in Texas Co-op Power, April 2017
Submitted by Linda Collins