What To Do If You Find A Lost Pet In Bryan Place

By . November 15, 2012Pets and Strays

Lost and found pet signs attached to posts around our neighborhood are not uncommon. Recently a neighbor’s dog escaped and we found out that there is a quick way to reunite micro chipped pets with their owners.

If you call the Animal Control office under Code Compliance Services, they may be able to locate an officer in the area (or schedule one) to come to you, saving you a trip to the animal shelter. They will check for a microchip on the found dog or cat. The field and shelter staff have and use universal microchip scanners. Each officer has a scanner on their truck.

Just call animal control at 311 for this convenient service. Also, we recommend that you have your pet micro chipped if you have not done so already.